Summer Staff Application
Are you interested in joining Amigo Centre Summer Staff? The application takes ~10 minutes on average and all progress can be saved for you to return to. We accept applications through June 1st or until all positions are filled.
1) Click here to go to our application.
2) Either sign in to or make an Amigo Camp Brain account
3) Fill out the summer staff application.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are still deciding if being on Summer Staff is a good fit for you, check out this 3 minute video to hear Summer Staff from many different Mennonite Camps answer the question "Why work at camp?"
Summer Staff Positions:
Counselor - $200/week
- The heart of summer camp. Counselors mentor to and live in cabins with campers. They lead activities, devotions, and bring joy and energy to the cabins. Throughout the summer, Counselors will work with campers from all ages, ranging 6-13. Must be at least 18 years old.
- We are always looking for counselors that have or are willing to get lifeguard certified (Amigo would aid in the certification).
Junior Counselor - $125/week
- A full summer position for those that are 16 and 17 that equips them to be a solo Counselor in future summers. Junior Counselors are placed in a cabin with a Counselor so they can assist and get experience in a camp setting.
- A two week volunteer position for 14 and 15 year old youth. CITs learn skills and begin to take on leadership in the cabin setting though assisting Counselors and Junior Counselors.
Head Counselor - $230/week
- This is a proactive support role that acts as a resource for counselors and staff. The Head Counselors serve on the Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and prior camp experience is recommended.
Program Assistant - $230/week
- This position works directly with the Youth Program Director helping in both broad and fine detail work to keep camp running smoothly. This position requires strengths in administrative work and organizational skills. Must be at least 18 and prior camp experience is required.
- This partial position consists of planning and preparing activities for cabins, counselors, and campers each day. When those jobs are complete, they act as a resource for all cabins. The Activities Director serves on the Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and prior camp experience is recommended.
- This partial position has the responsibility of being the person in charge of all the swimming/lake related activities. When there are not waterfront activities, they will be a resource to the counselors. The Waterfront Director serves on Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and have lifeguard certification (Amigo would aid in the certification).
Camp Nurse - $230/week
- This person acts a medical resource for campers and staff. They serve on Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and a medical background is encouraged. Required to have First Aid/CPR for First Responder as a minimum qualification.
Other Camp Work:
Kitchen/Maintenance - $180/week if 18+
- Not everyone that works at camp wants to be a counselor. The summer kitchen position involves helping the kitchen staff prepare and serve meals. The summer maintenance position involves general maintenance around camp such as simple repairs, yard maintenance, and trail maintenance. When not scheduled for these jobs, both kitchen and maintenance workers will be placed with a cabin to assist a counselor. Kitchen staff must be at least 16. Maintenance staff must be 18.
Kitchen Job Description
Maintenance Job Description