Summer Jobs at Amigo Centre
Each summer, we seek individuals willing to serve God by working with kids in creation. The most important role for all summer staff is helping campers grow in their relationship with Christ. Summer staff at Amigo have the opportunity to see the joy in a camper's eyes when they catch their first fish, or have meaningful devotions around the campfire.
Are you interested in joining Amigo Centre Summer Staff? Follow these two simple steps:
1) Click the link below and either sign in to or make a Camp Brain account
2) Fill out the summer staff application.
Click here to apply online.
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will accept applications through June 1st or until all positions are filled.
Why work at camp? (click to learn more)
- The heart of summer camp. Counselors mentor to and live in cabins with campers. They lead activities, devotions, and bring joy and energy to the cabins. Throughout the summer, Counselors will work with campers from all ages, ranging 6-13. Must be at least 18 years old.
- We are always looking for counselors that have or are willing to get lifeguard certified (Amigo would aid in the certification).
- A full summer position for those that are 16 and 17 that equips them to be a solo Counselor in future summers. Junior Counselors are placed in a cabin with a Counselor so they can assist and get experience in a camp setting.
- A two week volunteer position for 14 and 15 year old youth. CITs learn skills and begin to take on leadership in the cabin setting though assisting Counselors and Junior Counselors.
- This is a proactive support role that acts as a resource for counselors and staff. The Head Counselors serve on the Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and prior camp experience is recommended.
- This partial position consists of planning and preparing activities for cabins, counselors, and campers each day. When those jobs are complete, they act as a resource for all cabins. The Activities Director serves on the Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and prior camp experience is recommended.
- This partial position has the responsibility of being the person in charge of all the swimming/lake related activities. When there are not waterfront activities, they will be a resource to the counselors. The Waterfront Director serves on Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and have lifeguard certification (Amigo would aid in the certification).
- This person acts a medical resource for campers and staff. They serve on Leadership Team. Must be at least 18 and a medical background is encouraged. Required to have First Aid/CPR for First Responder as a minimum qualification.
- Not everyone that works at camp wants to be a counselor. The summer kitchen position involves helping the kitchen staff prepare and serve meals. The summer maintenance position involves general maintenance around camp such as simple repairs, yard maintenance, and trail maintenance. When not scheduled for these jobs, both kitchen and maintenance workers will be placed with a cabin to assist a counselor.